The BBA through its volunteer network has provided a wide spectrum of practical help on request, including some of the things listed below:
- Home visits to the elderly or ill
- Hospital visits
- Shopping and light housework
- Translation help
- Help dealing with local authorities and agencies
- Accompanying on hospital visits
- Dog walking
- Visiting and supporting British people in local prisons
- Helping British holidaymakers to the area
- Supporting new British residents in the Girona region
If you need help or know of someone who needs it, even beyond the areas listed above, please do get in touch as we can probably find a solution even if it means putting you in touch with many of our other local contacts.
If you require emergency assistance please contact the British Consulate in Barcelona on 902 109 356.
The BBA does not normally provide direct financial assistance of any sort.